This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of personal computer and mobile device operating systems. Topics include software configuration, file and data management, synchronization, and troubleshooting. Cloud concepts and the integration of cloud services in the work environment are introduced. This course and CIS/297 align with the requirements of the CompTIA A+ 220-1002 exam.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Configure mobile devices.
- Install and configure IoT devices.
- Troubleshoot common mobile device issues.
- Use Windows tools and utilities.
- Support customers using technical and professional skills.
- Troubleshoot common OS installation challenges.
- Apply appropriate Microsoft® command line tools when troubleshooting.
- Install various Windows versions.
- Configure Windows.
- Perform Windows maintenance.
- Backup system files.
- Manage disk space.
- Improve drive performance.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.