This course focuses on effective decision making as it relates to accounting and financial activities in a business enterprise. Course topics will include cost management, budgeting, business operations, financial management, and financial analysis. Students will develop the necessary analytical tools to enhance business operations.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
This course has a prerequisite. Please see details in the Prerequisite section below.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Distinguish between product costs and period costs.
- Prepare a schedule of the cost of finished goods manufactured.
- Account for the flow of costs when using job order costing.
- Account for the physical flows and related cost flows when using process costing.
- Explain how activity-based management is related to activity-based costing (ABC).
- Use CVP relationships to evaluate a new marketing strategy.
- Compute the ratios widely used in financial statement analysis and explain the significance of each.
- Use incremental analysis in common business decisions.
- Prepare master and flexible budgets and explain their uses.
- Evaluate capital investment proposals using payback period, return on investment, and discounted cash flows.
A prerequisite is required for this course. The purpose of a prerequisite is to ensure students have the knowledge and/or skills needed to be successful in the course. Students are required to provide proof of prerequisite during the enrollment/registration process. To meet to a course prerequisite requirement, a student must have successfully completed the prerequisite course at University of Phoenix, provide proof via transcript of completing a comparable course (at least 75% match) or higher level course with at least a grade of C at another institution or have a University of Phoenix approved Student Appeal on file with the University.
This course requires the prerequisite below. Click on the prerequisite course to review the course topics and objectives.
ACC/290 or ACC/290T – Principles of Accounting I or equivalent
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-354-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-354-1800.