This course provides students with concepts of human biology. Topics include structure, function and the interrelationships of the cells, organ, skeletal and muscular systems, genetics, inheritance, and homeostasis.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
This course has a prerequisite. Please see details in the Prerequisite section below.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
Body Organization and Integumentary, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems
- Describe the organization of the human body.
- Explain the role of homeostasis functions in the human body.
- Explain the functions of the integumentary system.
- Explain the functions of the skeletal system.
- Explain the functions of the muscular system.
Digestive, Respiratory, and Urinary Systems
- Explain the functions of the digestive system.
- Explain the functions of the respiratory system.
- Explain the functions of the urinary system.
- Analyze the homeostatic processes of the respiratory and urinary systems.
Blood, Cardiovascular, and Lymphatic Systems and Immunity
- Explain the functions of blood and the cardiovascular system.
- Explain the functions of the lymphatic-immune system.
Nervous System, Senses, and Endocrine System
- Explain the functions of the nervous system.
- Explain the functions of the senses.
- Explain the functions of the endocrine system.
Reproductive System and Human Development
- Explain the functions of the reproductive system.
- Describe the stages of human development.
- Describe human chromosomal disorders and genetic diseases.
A prerequisite is required for this course. The purpose of a prerequisite is to ensure students have the knowledge and/or skills needed to be successful in the course. Students are required to provide proof of prerequisite during the enrollment/registration process. To meet to a course prerequisite requirement, a student must have successfully completed the prerequisite course at University of Phoenix, provide proof via transcript of completing a comparable course (at least 75% match) or higher level course with at least a grade of C at another institution or have a University of Phoenix approved Student Appeal on file with the University.
This course requires the prerequisite below. Click on the prerequisite course to review the course topics and objectives.
- BIO/101 – Principles of Biology OR
- a minimum of 3 college credits of Biology
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-354-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. More information about eligibility requirements, policies, and procedures can be found in the catalog.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.