This course presents an analysis of product and brand management as it relates to the goods and services life cycle from conception to purchase. Upon completion of this course, students will be prepared to design and implement successful product and brand development strategies that deliver value to consumers.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Differentiate between product and brand management.
- Explain the relationship between and impact of products on brands and brands on products.
- Analyze the steps in the strategic brand management process.
- Explain the components of brand positioning and how they enhance the product and brand.
- Analyze the types of elements that make a brand.
- Compare merchandising techniques for products and services.
- Compare different marketing approaches to strengthen brand equity.
- Analyze the impact of social media on product and brand development and awareness.
- Develop a strategy for introducing a new product.
- Analyze the influence of technology on product and brand development.
- Compare techniques for managing products in the various stages of the product life cycle.
- Evaluate product performance and brand performance.
- Differentiate between marketing tools to improve product and brand performance.
- Develop strategies for enhancing tangible products by leveraging service products.
- Analyze the effect of globalization on products and brands.
- Differentiate between brand and product offerings to meet the needs of domestic and global markets.
- Identify ethical, legal, and social implications of products and brand messages.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.