This course introduces students to the planning phase of project management. Students will discover the connection between strategic portfolio management and project management. Other topics include project-based versus non-project-based organizations, activity planning and sequencing, human resource planning, communications planning, and project management planning.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Explain how portfolio management supports an organization’s strategic management.
- Explain how strategic portfolio management relates to project management.
- Compare project-based and non-project-based organizations in project management.
- Define activities for a project.
- Sequence activities for a project.
- Compare performance measurement practices.
- Determine financial compensation and rewards for the project team.
- Develop a human resource plan for a portfolio or a project.
- Align human resource plans in a project portfolio to an organization’s strategic objectives.
- Evaluate communication methods for a project and a portfolio.
- Create a communication management plan for a project and a portfolio.
- Discuss stakeholder influences on project portfolio management.
- Explain project portfolio control approaches.
- Incorporate activities sequencing, human resource needs, and communication planning into portfolio and project management planning.
- Analyze project portfolio risk.
- Develop project portfolio risk strategies.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.