This course provides students with an overview of organizational behavior as it relates to project management. It introduces various techniques and processes that will help students develop effective communication and interpersonal skills to successfully manage project teams. In addition, numerous leadership and motivation theories are presented as well as techniques that minimize stress in the project environment. Furthermore, project decision-making processes and techniques that facilitate effective and efficient project change management are addressed in this course. Students will also examine the influence of globalization, technology, and future trends in project management.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Discuss the importance of teamwork.
- Compare the different types of communication styles.
- Explain how organizational structure affects project performance and teamwork.
- Determine techniques and processes for effective project decision making.
- Explain project management conflict resolution strategies and applications.
- Discuss the importance of creativity to teamwork.
- Identify strategies to increase creativity in problem solving.
- Identify key questions to address during project team design and development.
- Analyze the stages of team development.
- Evaluate approaches to team development and maintenance.
- Compare different leadership theories.
- Apply motivational theories to different project situations.
- Identify stress management techniques in project environments.
- Analyze the effect of global project teams on project execution.
- Explain how to adapt project management styles for virtual teams.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.