This course will examine the impact of human activity on the environment. Students will examine a variety of environmental issues influenced by human activity, including the development and impact of global climate change on Earth.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
This course has a prerequisite. Please see details in the Prerequisite section below.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Identify human activities that negatively affect vegetation.
- Describe ways to improve soil quality.
- Explain the role humans play in altering the physical environment.
- Analyze causes and effects of water pollution.
- Identify human contributions to the changes of rivers, lakes, and oceans.
- Compare rural and urban climate zones.
- Relate greenhouse gases and global warming to pollution.
- Explain the effects of climate change on the biosphere and the physical environment.
- Compare and contrast global population trends.
- Identify environmental effects of urbanization.
- Explain the role humans have in animal decline.
- Analyze the human connection to hydrologic changes.
- Explain the effect of global warming on the main components of the cryosphere.
- Evaluate the global effect of future changes of drylands.
A prerequisite is required for this course. The purpose of a prerequisite is to ensure students have the knowledge and/or skills needed to be successful in the course. Students are required to provide proof of prerequisite during the enrollment/registration process. To meet to a course prerequisite requirement, a student must have successfully completed the prerequisite course at University of Phoenix, provide proof via transcript of completing a comparable course (at least 75% match) or higher level course with at least a grade of C at another institution or have a University of Phoenix approved Student Appeal on file with the University.
This course requires the prerequisite below. Click on the prerequisite course to review the course topics and objectives.
- ENV/100 – Principles of Environmental Science or equivalent
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-354-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.