This course explores the administrative regulations and policies that are requisite to environmental protection. Federal, state, and local policies will be examined.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Describe how environmental laws and regulations are created, enforced, and revised.
- Compare and contrast U.S.environmental agencies and their roles in protecting environmental resources.
- Explain the justifications for adopting environmental regulations to protect environmental resources.
- Explain primary air and water quality issues facing the United States.
- Explain past and current laws and regulatory approaches to protecting air and water quality in the United States.
- Determine means to comply with federal regulations used to manage toxic substances, and solid and hazardous waste.
- Describe regulatory categories of waste and waste control techniques.
- Determine how international environmental law addresses major international environmental problems.
- Compare public policy options for addressing global climate change.
- Describe U.S.energy policy in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Compare and contrast renewable and nonrenewable energies.
- Describe U.S.policies that protect natural resources of public lands and wetlands.
A prerequisite is required for this course. The purpose of a prerequisite is to ensure students have the knowledge and/or skills needed to be successful in the course. Students are required to provide proof of prerequisite during the enrollment/registration process. To meet to a course prerequisite requirement, a student must have successfully completed the prerequisite course at University of Phoenix, provide proof via transcript of completing a comparable course (at least 75% match) or higher level course with at least a grade of C at another institution or have a University of Phoenix approved Student Appeal on file with the University.
This course requires the prerequisite below. Click on the prerequisite course to review the course topics and objectives.
- ENV/100 – Principles of Environmental Science or equivalent
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-354-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.