This course focuses on the role that financial management plays in the development and sustainability of a small business. The course provides a detailed review of forecasting, budgeting, daily cash flow management techniques, and monitoring financial performance. Specifically, students will address funding, debt management, cash-flow management, and financial planning, from the small business perspective.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Examine the financial viability of a small business, including common expenses and sources of revenue.
- Describe ways of starting or purchasing a small business.
- Assess necessary components of the financial section of a business plan.
- Analyze financial statements and capital strategies.
- Determine optimal funding and debt management practices for a small business.
- Forecast expected financial performance using business tracking tools, trend analyses, and problem-solving techniques.
- Prepare a financial analysis using business financial statements.
- Analyze cash management principles and practices.
- Evaluate inventory control methods.
- Apply valuation methods to determine potential return on investment (ROI).
- Analyze business planning processes and the relationship between strategy and financial decision making.
- Evaluate short- and long-term financing tools for an existing business.
- Create a financial plan to support a small business opportunity.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.