This course provides an introduction to personal financial planning. Personal financial goals are examined with a focus on investment risk and returns, markets, and analysis tools useful in assessing financial situations.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Combine economic principles in relation to personal goals.
- Apply present value and future value calculations.
- Create financial budget utilizing balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Identify the financial services available to assist in managing financial goals.
- Develop plans that create good credit.
- Discover strategies in negotiating major purchases effectively.
- Evaluate the characteristics of stocks and bonds.
- Evaluate investments.
- Develop a comprehensive investment plan.
- Determine the best risk management strategies.
- Evaluate various forms of health care.
- Differentiate between the various types of insurance policies.
- Determine savings needs to achieve retirement goals.
- Develop plans for the protection and distribution of an estate.
- Describe the steps involved in completing tax returns.
A prerequisite is required for this course. The purpose of a prerequisite is to ensure students have the knowledge and/or skills needed to be successful in the course. Students are required to provide proof of prerequisite during the enrollment/registration process. To meet to a course prerequisite requirement, a student must have successfully completed the prerequisite course at University of Phoenix, provide proof via transcript of completing a comparable course (at least 75% match) or higher level course with at least a grade of C at another institution or have a University of Phoenix approved Student Appeal on file with the University.
This course requires the prerequisite below. Click on the prerequisite course to review the course topics and objectives.
FIN/370 – Finance for Business or equivalent
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-345-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.