This course provides an overview of the advanced concepts that make up the hospitality industry. Students will gain a current perspective and understanding of the impact of hospitality while examining operations, security, maintenance, and managerial challenges and responsibilities within the industry.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Define hospitality management and the characteristics of leadership.
- Compare business segments of the hospitality industry.
- Assess key departments within a hospitality business and their functions within a hotel or resort.
- Examine management functions and responsibilities within a restaurant or bar.
- Explain regulatory and ethical considerations associated with the sale of both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Assess key characteristics and trends within Managed Services.
- Determine the impact that transportation plays in tourism.
- Analyze key considerations in managing attractions, recreational parks, and clubs.
- Examine the principals and core management components of casino operations.
- Evaluate strategic components of destination management.
- Differentiate between different types of meetings, conventions, expositions, and their venues.
- Describe management functions and facets of meeting planning.
- Assess the role of strategic planning in strategic management.
- Determine key factors involved in the selection of an organizational structure.
- Recommend effective communication and decision-making strategies.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.