This course examines both the human and organizational aspects of change. Topics include identifying the types and sources of change, human and organizational resistance to change, theories of managing change, and developing skills that will enable the student to lead, implement, and sustain change.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Describe classic forms of organizational change.
- Explain the roles of various types of participants in organizational change.
- Diagnose organizations to determine organizational frameworks for the process of leading change.
- Articulate effective responses to situations that can help to promote organizational change.
- Evaluate data used in internal and external organizational change management.
- Create a model to assess an organization’s readiness for change.
- Examine formal structures and systems used in change initiatives.
- Expound upon the work of notable organizational change experts.
- Analyze the dynamic interaction between stakeholder political power and organizational change.
- Differentiate between various stakeholder responses to organizational change.
- Identify essential characteristics of change leaders.
- Assess strategies for organizational change.
- Explain the role of measurement in change management.
- Design a strategy map using measurement tools.
- Develop a complete change plan.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.