This course explores the role and relevance of employee development in today's business environment. This course will also provide students with a thorough understanding of the legalities impacting employee development, the strategic role that employee development plays in an organization, and the importance training and development have on employee motivation. The course will also explore methods of program design, development, and assessment.
This undergradate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy, Tuition Refund Policy and all University Policies in the Catalog for more information.
- Determine training needs based on strategy, task, and person analysis.
- Explain the impact of business strategy on the type and amount of planned and unplanned training.
- Assess the differences in how small and large businesses might implement the training process model
- Summarize legal compliance training content and policies
- Analyze the purpose of diversity management throughout a training program
- Create a training plan to improve employee engagement and motivation.
- Apply adult learning theory to training program design.
- Apply social learning theory to a training program design.
- Identify factors used to determine the effectiveness of a training program
- Compare technology-based training methods with traditional training methods
- Determine major requirements for effective on-the-job training (OJT
- Recommend team-training content to improve team performance.
- Analyze best practices for guiding an employee’s career development.
- Evaluate key components of an effective mentoring program.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.