This course applies development and training concepts to enhance organizational performance. Students will develop an employee engagement strategy. Other topics include training program development and delivery, employee relations, organizational development theories and applications, behavior issues, and performance management.
This graduate course is 6 weeks.
This course has a prerequisite. Please see details in the Prerequisite section below.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Align organizational development with business strategy, core values, culture, and ethical business practices.
- Evaluate principles of change management in relation to organizational learning, performance, and engagement.
- Analyze essential components of the organizational development consulting process.
- Analyze effective entry and contracting processes.
- Demonstrate effective data gathering, interpretation, and utilization practices within organizational development.
- Assess the role of a change agent in organizational transformation.
- Apply coaching, mentoring, and motivational techniques to team building and employee development processes.
- Develop strategies for assessing, engaging, changing, and sustaining an organization’s culture.
- Evaluate methods used to ensure quality and productivity during large-scale interventions, with a focus on managerial training and succession planning.
- Evaluate organizational development principles within global and multicultural businesses.
- Determine ways to adapt to changing workforce demographics and expectations.
This graduate level course requires proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree. Be prepared to provide documentation during the checkout process.
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-345-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.