Knowing your customer, growing your customer base and creating a consumer driven culture are key drivers of sustainability in the small business. This course focuses on the functions of evaluating opportunities, creating value, developing effective pricing and advertising strategy.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Evaluate market trends relevant to an entrepreneurial venture.
- Evaluate market conditions for an entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Identify a business opportunity that can be satisfied by a product or service.
- Determine characteristics of potential niches for customers.
- Explain unique selling proposition involving customer input.
- Describe ethical and socially responsible behavior by an organization.
- Specify the components of an overall value proposition as it relates to total product.
- Perform a competitive analysis.
- Assess product and brand characteristics unique to an entrepreneurial business.
- Select distribution channels appropriate for a small business opportunity.
- Create a pricing strategy for an entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Identify the use of technology for marketing an entrepreneurial venture.
- Apply relationship marketing to a small business opportunity.
- Develop a promotion and advertising strategy for an entrepreneurial opportunity.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.