The course provides an opportunity for students to examine social networks, social media, and online advertising techniques. After completion of this course, students will be able to identify interactive marketing opportunities, understand the use of social media marketing on customer loyalty, apply social media tactics to the appropriate target market, and apply concepts of micropayments in social media setting.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Analyze social media and its relationship to marketing communication.
- Assess social media platforms and the concept of digital communities.
- Explain how to use social media to meet business objectives.
- Analyze the relationship between consumer behavior and social media.
- Evaluate how content and platform influence consumers.
- Analyze how consumers are segmented across social media platforms and communities.
- Create social media marketing objectives.
- Explain the importance of incorporating social media into an organization’s structure.
- Create a research plan to identify and guide social media strategy.
- Explain content generation and processes used to incorporate the 4Ms of social media into a marketing strategy.
- Align social media tactics with marketing objectives.
- Create measurement systems and processes to capture and analyze data.
- Incorporate objectives, research, strategy, and measurement criteria into a social media marketing plan.
- Plan for ongoing support of the social media marketing plan and establish community management guidelines.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.