This course applies the general tools of marketing to the specific needs of the hospitality management industry. Special emphasis is placed on the global, regional, individual, and ethical considerations when building customer-relationships through marketing.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Explain the fundamental differences between marketing hospitality services and products.
- Evaluate the super-sector of leisure and hospitality.
- Identify ethical considerations in hospitality service marketing.
- Analyze the consumer decision process as it relates to hospitality services.
- Explain the service marketing mix (the 7 Ps).
- Clarify elements of the service delivery process.
- Evaluate pricing strategies for hospitality products.
- Discuss the steps used to develop and manage an effective communication strategy.
- Explain physical evidence of service.
- Evaluate principles of service employee management.
- Appraise customer service satisfaction and quality.
- Recommend complaint management processes that can be used in hospitality, the service sector, and recovery management.
- Recommend methods to manage complaints within hospitality, the service sector, and recovery management.
- Evaluate emerging customer retention programs.
- Substantiate the importance of customer loyalty and retention.
- Analyze obstacles to world class service, including departmentalization and functionalism.
- Explain the basic components of a service audit.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.