This course provides an overview of advertising in the context of integrated marketing. Topics include the development of advertising objectives, creative guidelines, media selection and scheduling, budgeting, and performance evaluation.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Identify the basic principles, functions, and techniques of advertising.
- Explain the importance of advertising and alternative promotional methods in business and society.
- Identify internal and external factors that shape innovative advertising.
- Examine the elements of an effective advertising plan.
- Analyze the importance of market demand on the development of an innovative product or service advertising campaign.
- Evaluate the resources of an organization to determine the best innovative advertising practices.
- Apply advertising principles and techniques, as well as critical thinking, to create an advertising campaign.
- Analyze the elements of an effective media plan.
- Determine the steps for finalizing the advertising production process.
- Identify ethical standards, and their application, in the development of an advertising campaign.
- Differentiate among the tools for evaluating advertising results.
- Identify key trends that may impact advertising in the future.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.