This course prepares students to lead a project to successful conclusion. Students will create a plan to lead change during project execution. Other topics include integrated change control, work breakdown structures, human resource planning, performance reporting, managing stakeholders, negotiation, conflict resolution, and cultural diversity.
This graduate course is 6 weeks.
This course has a prerequisite. Please see details in the Prerequisite section below.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Evaluate strategies used to lead diverse teams
- Develop a project management strategy that applies effective negotiation tools and techniques.
- Create a plan to mitigate conflict within a project team.
- Create and implement a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Create a project organization chart.
- Determine project team roles based on the project organization chart and WBS.
- Determine stakeholder reporting needs.
- Create a communications management plan.
- Develop a change management system.
- Demonstrate methods used to lead change during project execution.
- Assess metrics used to evaluate performance.
- Create performance reports for stakeholders.
This graduate level course requires proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree. Be prepared to provide documentation during the checkout process.
During the checkout process you will be prompted to provide proof of the requirement(s). If you completed the prerequisite at another institution be prepared to upload an official/unofficial transcript. If you have questions about meeting the prerequisite requirements for this course please contact an enrollment representative at 866-345-1800.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
If you have a question contact us at 866-345-1800.