This course provides an applied approach to teambuilding, collaboration, and conflict resolution. Students must understand and apply these concepts within academic and professional settings. Students develop structures, processes, and strategies to create and maintain effective teams. Gender, cultural, and individual considerations in team dynamics are also explored.
This undergraduate course is 5 weeks.
Attendance and participation are mandatory in all university courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
- Differentiate among group theories.
- Identify the different types of groups.
- Describe effective communication and listening skills.
Group Development, Roles, and Team Building Strategies
- Identify how different roles and needs can affect teamwork.
- Describe the phases of group development.
- Describe the process of group development.
- Identify strategies to strengthen teams.
- Identify factors that contribute to group cohesion.
Leadership and Managing Conflict
- Describe how leadership can contribute to conflict resolution.
- Identify group leadership theories.
- Describe methods of conflict resolution and management.
- Identify factors that contribute to team dynamics.
- Examine the role of team dynamics in team effectiveness.
Planning and Maintaining Effective Teams
- Describe methods for effective problem solving within a team.
- Identify methods for group decision making.
- Create a proposal for an effective team.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. More information about eligibility requirements, policies, and procedures can be found in the catalog.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.